Five Things I Learned From Reading the July Consumer Reports
This month’s issue focused on making your home feel more luxurious for less.
1. CR surveyed thousands of readers on hotels. The top rated hotels were Ritz Carlton(Luxury), Residence Inn by Marriot(Upscale), Wingate by Wyndham(Moderate), and Microtel(Budget).
2. The top three places to buy major appliances in order are Abt Electronics, Independent stores, and Lowe’s. The top three for buying small appliances in order are Amazon, Independent stores, and Costco.
3. CR does not recommend buying extended warranties for appliances.
4. Quartz and Granite are best for countertops.
5. The best ways to save gas are to slow down and drive between 55-65 MPH, check gas prices on a site like gasbuddy.com before you buy, and keep your tires properly inflated.