District at Logan Circle

Posted by on Wednesday, February 20th, 2013 at 11:32am.


District at Logan Circle, developed by the JBG Companies & Grosvenor, is a 125-unit, seven-story apartment building at 14th and S Streets, just around the corner from the U Street Metro.

Units of District at Logan Circle will range from about 500 square feet to 1,100 square feet, with the majority of the apartments being smaller units. About 85% of the apartments in District at Logan Circle will be studios and 1BRs with the other 15% being 2BR apartments. They were originally planned as condos.

Developers are planning to integrate a historic building at 14th and S Streets, the site of the former Whitmore-Walker Clinic, into the project, according to D.C. Urban Turf blog. Street-level space along 14th Street will feature retail. A rooftop pool and deck without outdoor living rooms, an outdoor kitchen and bar, fire pit, water feature and lobby lounge are among the building’s amenities.

Logan Circle is just north of downtown D.C. and, while Logan Circle itself is primarily residential, it’s in short walking distance to lively nightlife areas of Dupont Circle and U Street Corridor. The District at Logan Circle is within easy walking distance of both Chinatown and the Washington Convention Center. The area is close to a Whole Foods and includes local hangouts like Birch & Barley and Churchkey.

Other properties for sale near Logan Circle include a $439,000, 1BR, 1,030-square-foot condo on 11th Street and $499,999, 2BR, 784-square-foot home on Rhode Island Avenue. Pricing here, like in neighboring Dupont, has been on the rise lately.

JGB Companies is developing several residential projects around Washington D.C., including Louis at 14th/U, also near Logan Circle, and 77 H, which is more than 300 apartments over a Walmart. Home buyers or renters looking for properties like these can also check out the District at Logan Circle.

For More Information:

Rock Creek Realty: http://www.rcrdc.com/

D.C. Urban Turf: http://dc.urbanturf.com/pipeline/13/District_Condos/

D.C. District: http://dcdistrict.com/

JGB Companies: http://www.jbg.com/properties/21600657/gallery

Leave a Comment

Format example: you@domain.com
Format example: yourwebsitename.com