This month's issue was all about cars. I don't have a need for a car right now so it was not particularly interesting but below are some things that caught my eye.
1. Its too early to buy an electric car. They take a long time to charge and you don't get many miles out of it. The Volt takes 6 hours to charge and you get 35 miles from that charge.
2. Subaru is now #1 in Consumer Reports ranking of the best auto makers. Honda has been #1 for the last 4 years. The top 5 in order are Subaru, Mazda, Toyota, Honda and Nissan.
3. The Toyota Prius is the most practical and affordable car available if you are looking for a fuel efficient car.
4. The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited and the Jeep Liberty had the worst scores on the CR road test. I guess you best use them off the road then where they score well. Ha.
5. One article was about creating smarter cars in the future to prevent crashes. I thought this was an interesting quote. "The past 50 years have been about surviving vehicle crashes: the next 50 will be about preventing them." -Gregory D Winfree-Dept of Transportation