4204 Rosemary St, CHEVY CHASE
MLS® # MDMC2085294
See Chevy Chase, MD Listings below or contact us for a list that fits your needs.
MLS® # MDMC2085294
MLS® # MDMC2093414
MLS® # MDMC2081734
MLS® # MDMC2086884
MLS® # MDMC2092854
MLS® # MDMC2083578
MLS® # MDMC2048432
MLS® # MDMC2075382
MLS® # MDMC2086510
MLS® # MDMC2088548
MLS® # MDMC2091604
MLS® # MDMC2093954
BETHESDA | CHEVY CHASE DC | CHEVY CHASE SECTION THREE | CHEVY CHASE SECTION FIVE | CHEVY CHASE VILLAGE | FOREST HILLS | FRIENDSHIP HEIGHTS | MARTIN’S ADDITIONS | SOMERSET | TENLEYTOWN | TOWN OF CHEVY CHASE | VILLAGE OF FRIENDSHIP HEIGHTS | VILLAGE OF NORTH CHEVY CHASE
Residents can enjoy the recreational offerings of North Chevy Chase Park, Meadowbrook Park, Rock Creek, and Columbia Country Club. Though some local business have cropped up over the years, such as Chevy Chase Supermarket, original development covenants forbade the presence of retailers, and Bethesda has long since acted as a provider of Chevy Chase's goods and services.
While a few high-rise condos and apartment buildings can be found along Connecticut Ave, Chevy Chase's housing stock consists primarily of single-family homes, including Colonials, Tudors, bungalows, and Cape Cods.
Now known as the Town of Chevy Chase, the area remained largely pristine and untouched until the 1890's when the Chevy Chase Land Company was founded by Francis G. Newlands and William M. Stewart. The two purchased an enormous tract of land outside of the District of Columbia and involved themselves in numerous endeavors, including the extension of Connecticut Avenue into Maryland. Development of Chevy Chase began in earnest in the 20th Century, once the automobile had become well established as a viable mode of transportation, making residence outside The District more viable as well.
The small portion of the company's land held the name Chevy Chase, which would eventually be applied to the entire subdivision. In turn the name was a modification of Cheivy Chace, the name given to the land by Lord Baltimore in 1725. Therein lie historical associations with a 14th-Century battle between Lord Percy and the Earl of Douglas, men whose actions are chronicled in Shakespeare's Henry IV. Chevy Chase Section IV was incorporated in 1918 and annexed other adjacent sections until 1976, when it was officially named Town of Chevy Chase.
Chevy Chase is serviced by Bethesda Metro Station on the Red Line. Capital Beltway (I-495) leads the way to Northern Virginia and Eastern Maryland, and Connecticut Avenue cuts down the middle of town, providing quick access to the District of Columbia.
Chevy Chase is bounded by Beach Dr to the north, Jones Mill Rd to the east, Western Ave to the south, and Wisconsin Ave to the west.
© 2023 BRIGHT, All Rights Reserved. Information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the BRIGHT Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Compass participates, and is provided by BRIGHT through a licensing agreement. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Compass are marked with the IDX logo and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker. The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have Closed or are no longer being offered for sale. Some real estate firms do not participate in IDX and their listings do not appear on this website. Some properties listed with participating firms do not appear on this website at the request of the seller.
Listing information last updated on June 7th, 2023 at 3:46pm EDT.